Thursday, February 12, 2009

SNSS Monday DT Challenge #13/Mini Top Note Bag


I created this mini bag using the top die and my Sweet N' Sassy stamp set called Key To My Heart. I designed this mini bag for the SNSS DT #13 challenge, to make a Valentine treat holder. I wanted a mini bag to go with the top die, so I have came up with instructions on how to make one. Please let me know if you need further details. Here are the steps:
1. you will need a 10" x 4" piece of cs
2. a second piece of cs 11 1/4" x 2"
3. the 10" x 4" needs to be scored on the long sides at 1/2" and on the short sides at 4" and 6"
4. the 11 1/4" x 2" needs to be scored on 4" and 7"
5. fold on the scores and cut the small pieces so that the mini bag will sit up
6. add tacky tape to all of the outside of the mini bag
7. take the 11 1/4" x 2' scord piece and adhere to the tacky tape to close the mini bag closed
8. add the top die or another layer to make the outside any way you like
Also, please leave me a comment with a photo of your mini bag creation.....I would luv to see what you come up with! Enjoy making your mini top note bag. Use the keyword SNSMC13 if you upload to SCS or PCP.

The photo on the left is before the mini bag has the 11 1/4" x 4" piece of cs is adhered and the middle photo is the mini bag with the tacky tape and the photo on the right is the mini bag before you had your creations.

22 comments:

  1. Teresa, your little bag is just beautiful - who wouldnt appreciate receiving this!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is incredible. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great! I really should try something like this!! You are such an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go oh creative one!! This is an awesome bag and that wide, striped ribbon really makes a perfect handle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat.... great idea... one mre reason to get the Big Shot...now if I can just convince my checkbook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too darn cute! Thanks for the tutorial...I would love to make one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This bag is adorable, you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is adorable! I just used my new top note die a couple days ago and will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa, Gorgeous, gorgeous boxes. Great idea, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome box, Teresa! Love the use of the top note!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Teresa, you rock. That bag is so cute and the directions look great. Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your blog Teresa. This is fantastic. I love all the detail. Thanks for the directions too. Super job..
    Dawn/flowergal36

    ReplyDelete
  13. This bag is wonderful! Thanks for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGGGGGG! Theresa - this is just gorgeous!!! Love everyting about it!

    Karen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Teresa - thank you for sharing how to make this bag. It is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fantastic! I love the wings with the sentiment--just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh these are gorgeous! Anyone would love to receove these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you did with the top note. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful bag. Absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*