Friday, January 22, 2010

Black & White Sympathy























This is for the wonderful challenge Amber has going on this year for Viva la Verve at Home, VLVJAN2010. I adore this room, I was so inspired by the black & white and the floor. I used my cuttlebug folder that matches the floor for my background panel. I really got excited when I thought of using the piece of polka dotted vellum for the bottom panel. I am so vellum challenged. I avoid that stuff.....lol. I think it is working quite nicely for me today, mark this down because you may never see it again...lol. I sometimes get on a sympathy card kick, it helps to have one when you need it and not have to worry about making it in a pinch, KWIM? I used pink gemstones for color. Amber has done an awesome job with bringing some great inspiration pieces. I hope you have time to play with us, you still have time to get all four sketches into the "January 2010 Sketch Champion Thread'.
You have until Jan. 29 at midnight, you could win the entire Verve release. Have fun and enjoy!
.
.
.
Stamps: Verve Love's Flower and Forever In Our Hearts
Paper: Bazzil Avalanche, Blackbird, SU Night & Day Designer Paper
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Embossing Folder, Ribbon, Gemstones, Janome, Heat Embossing Tool, Judikins Diamond Embossing Powder, and Glue Dots

10 comments:

  1. Teresa, this card is so beautiful! I love the embossing, by the way works over at Practical Scrappers...
    THe verse is lovely and comforting! Love the ribbon and bling.
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very elegant Teresa.. I love the inspiration. Your vellum looks terrific.. I LOVE the music on your blog..Super job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant Teresa, love the black/white with that touch of color with that bling! It really is hard to create a sympathy card when you're deep in emotion...always good to have some on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful sympathy card, do we ever have enough of these when we need them. I love the clean look with all the great details. thanks for your visit and kind words sweetie.
    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this when I saw it on SCS and loving it all over again here! Totally classy card. Love the B & W and how you used the polka dotted vellun. Haven't seen that EF before - where'd you get it? Part of the HSN package you got? Great use ofo the inspiration pic and the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is such a strikingly beautiful card. The textures and your great vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card! So elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! I love the Night & Day DSP and this is the perfect use of it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*