Saturday, September 15, 2012

Glitz Step x Step Christmas Tag

Welcome to the weekend friends!  I know it is only nearing the end of September, but it is not to early to think about Christmas!

 
I have started with a traditional shape for my tag using the French Kiss striped designer paper.  The stripes remind me of Christmas.  There is nothing like burlap at Christmas too, it reminds me of the days gone by when packages where wrapped in kraft paper and tied with burlap twine...luv! 


I cut out the star base using Joyeux Noel polka dotted paper another favorite of mine all the time, not just Christmas!  I have stained the edges to make it a little more bolder.  During the sponging a small piece of my star came off, it gives it the shabby look I luv..*grin*


I sponged also around the tag shape to also give it a more bold look.  It is amazing how adding a little ink to the edges of your element makes it pop!



I like to lay my elements out on my work table and position and reposition, this is such a fun part of the creating process!   


Here I have added the gorgeous Giant Rhinestones to the center of my stars; nothing like burlap and bling...totally luv!  I have placed the sentiment tag on my table looking for the perfect placement...teehehe.


Here is the finished tag, I added a tiny clip, the seam binding ribbon and burlap string.  All I need now is the perfect Christmas gift.  There you have it a step x step Christmas tag, go ahead and make one today, it's really not to early!

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design Paper: French Kiss
Glitz Design Paper:  Joyeux Noel
Glitz Giant Rhinestone: Aqua, Clear, Red

Have a wonderful day, be sure to sprinkle it with a little glitz!

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tag! Especially love the stamped lines, a really great idea! I'll have to think about incorporating something like this into my product packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotta get some tags... I keep saying to myself! Sweet results! Love all your challenges on the sidebar! {:Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Teresa!!! Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier and taking the time to comment.
    You have some very beautiful blogs! I look forward to future posts. Even though it might be early, I too am getting into the holiday spirit early this year! Super cute holiday tags!

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I love the gift tags!

    Please feel free to follow and enter the Giveaway on my blog:
    http://www.azlifeandstyle.com/

    Thank you,

    Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Teresa I just love your tag. You are absolutely right that Christmas will soon be here......I certainly plan to be organised this year. TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh, i like the look of the distress stain! never knew there was such a product. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*