Monday, November 23, 2009

The Joy Of The Lord













I created this card for Taylor's Sketch TESC92 and for the Embellish Color Challenge, the colors are red, yellow, blue, green, and to use brads. I used these wonderful chipboard flowers from Hope Stamps Eternal, they are EK Success Art Blanche. They have a white base which makes it so easy to cover and use....I luv these, I will be picking up some more. I lightly sanded the sides and added silver beads, I didn't use brads on the chipboard. I used the SU Embosslit sweetest stem die for the leaves. I stamped the sentiment unto the petals of one of the flowers. I embossed the two side panels using the Victoria embossing folder. I hope my creation inspires you and that you enjoy your evening!
I was thinking how great it would be to start a family tradition this Thanksgiving, especially if you don't have one. My thoughts where to have everyone in your family make a list of five things they are thankful for and share them together this Thanksgiving meal. It's is important to keep heritage in our families and this is a simple way to hear each others heart.
.
.
.
Paper: Prism Red, White, and Various Designer Papers
Ink: SU Real Red
Accessories: EK Success Art Blanche Chipboard Flowers, SU Embosslit Sweetest Stem Die, Victoria Embossing Folder, Silver Beads, and Glue Dots

15 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful and so true!!! I love the idea for your Thanksgiving tradition...it brought tears to my eyes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning....love how striking the bold flowers are against the white BG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love the layout and the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty Teresa...I really like the embossing. Great take on the sketch and colors, and I love your idea about that tradition at Thanksgiving...I will see if my guests would be willing to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Teresa! I love the little vines. I got my chipboard clipboard (circular one) at Archivers in the 1.99 bin of all places! It was fun and easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful Teresa! Love those huge patterned flowers against the white and your cute brads in the centers :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it Teresa. I always admire cards with a white background and those colours you used look brilliant against it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card Teresa, love the bright colors.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Teresa!

    What a great card. I just love the bold, brightly coloured flowers and you chose such a great sentiment. You've got me humming a worship song now that contains that line...and for that, I have to say thank you!


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super sweet design! Thanks for participating in an Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*