Saturday, October 11, 2008

Cards For The Soldiers



I made this for todays IC149, check it out and play along there is some very interesting art work by an artist named Mizue Hirano. I had everything out trying to recreate her work....note to self, you are not a watercolor artist..lol. I had to come back to the reality of my stamping area and create a card. Our church is sending Christmas boxes to the soldiers (we had 20 last year). I want to make at least two cards to go in each box. I thought the soldiers would appreciate them to send back home to loved ones. This card will go into my growing pile for the soldiers. I used SU Mercie and Friend to Friend. I stamped in riding hood red and colored with a blender pen and ink pad, I did keep the lines strong in the heart to stay true to Mizue's work. I filled in the heart with SU chunky glitter. I hope you enjoy your visit to my blog and come back often. Enjoy your Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful heartfelt card!! They will love it!! I sure do!
    hugs, Jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, the soldiers will really appreciate your kindness :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*