Sunday, April 5, 2009

Congratulations Julie


I created this for todays FS113, Julie, I chose her card here. I kept the theme of birds, the two main layers, the single line sentiment, and the ribbon tabs. I wanted to use my new Close To My Heart stamp set called Who Loves You. Thiss is is my first purchase from CTMH. I ordered several stamp sets, they are really, really nice. If I had to pick wood over clear, I would pick clear. I have lots of wood stamps, but I like the clear better. I would like to know what you like best. It is going to be beautiful day here in VA, dh and I are hoping to get on the motorcycle and take a ride....I hope you enjoy your day!
.
.
.
Stamps: CTMH Who Loves You
Ppaer: SU oldolive, chocolate chip, vanilla, and su dp's
Ink: SU creamy caramel, chocolate chip, and copic Y21
Accessoreis: SU corduroy buttons, punches, and pop dots

13 comments:

  1. The brown and green combo is perfect for that cute little owl. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the clear too! It is nice to see exactly where the image is going to go. And storage is much nicer too.
    I love your color combo, and this is an adorable image!!!
    Have fun on the motorcyle!
    We are supposed to get 4 inches of snow today in Chi-town. UGG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out really great!!! That owl is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet card, love the colors. I like clear as you can see what and where you are stamping, sometimes I think the red rubber stamps better though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous, Girl!
    I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! Your owl has such a surprised look on his face!
    I bought my first clear stamps about a year ago, mainly from Sweet'n Sassy so they all have nice containers to keep them in, very easy to store. The others I have are kept in a storage box in the same big storage box as the SNS. All the rest of my stamps are wood and do take up a lot of space, but I do like them. I'd have to say a big advantage of the clear is that you can see exactly where you are placing your stamp before you commit. I really like that, less mistakes especially with words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this card! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CTMH is the reason I became a stamper!! Isn't that funny. Surrounded by SU stampers, but CTMH is what did it for me. I have now gotten my first *real* set of SU stamps, but CTMH and other clear stamps will always be what I invest in! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in two minds over clear stamps. I do not feel they give AS clear an image as rubber. I have tonnes (a few thousand stamps...mostly mounted and UM's.) I have a decent array of clear, but am wondering about their lifespan and also the clarity issue. Maybe I should have just forked out the money and gotten rubber.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic job on the FS. i love that set also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you like your new stamps! The new catalog will be available next month, I'll be sure to get one to you. Looking forward to stamping with you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*