Saturday, April 2, 2011

JUGS-Congratulations


Good morning peeps, I am the honor of being a guest for the Just Us Girls DT again........these gals are amazing and their challenges are sooooo fun.  Each week they bring a different challenge to us, keeping us on our creating toes....lol.  This week is a sketch, you can head over the the JUGS Blog to get all the details and see the DT's awesome creations!  I needed a boy graduation card, so I wanted to keep it more CAS.  I used the star Spellbinders Nesties and embossed the top layer, the papers are from Prima it is called Madeline and I also added a couple of strips of sheet music.  I tied the top with Burlap String and added the sentiment tag using the cute and adorable Maya Road Kraft Tags....these are super sweet!  The sentiments from the JustRite Happy Everything are perfect for these tags.  This set is super amazing, you get the block and the Spellbinders Nesties rectangular shape for cutting.  I luv having a tiny tag or ticket sentiment, it really adds so much!  It is still very cold here...sigh...I think there is mention of warmer weather next week.  I will be playing around this morning with my stamping bff;s..I look forward to it every time we get together....enjoy!    
.
.
JUGS-JUGS78 sketch
.
.
Stamps:  Happy Everything(JustRite
Paper:  White(SU), Madeline Designer Paper(Prima)
Ink:  Early Espresso(SU)
Accessories:  Spellbinders Nestie Stars, Janome, Burlap String, Tim Holtz Embossing Folder, Maya Road Tag, Distressing Tool, and 3D Foam Squares

13 comments:

  1. Super card! I like the blues and greens you used together..almost reminds me of the Madras plaids...very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice card! Love that star and the papers look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Teresa! I love that paper (I own it too!) and how you used the sketch! The star is a great idea and the tag the perfect addition! Love your work! Welcome to JUGs (again, right?)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Simply fantastic! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be still my crafty lovin' heart - I'm seeing STAR! And it's WONDERFUL! To the STARS with ya, lad! {That's what this card says to me, in subtitles! hee hee} TERRIFIC way to congratulate an outstanding BOY! I LOVE it! What fun to have your inspiration this month: I'm FEELING the love, already! Yee Haw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, not only are you a dirty diva, but you're a JUGhead as well - lol! Had loads of fun again this morning...gotta work on another day trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good grief! Forgot to mention how much I LOVE that star card! Great masculine touches with the colors and distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haii all...
    visit to my blog...
    thx....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teresa it's so easy to see why we've asked you to be a Featured Designer for JUGS again - your work is spectacular - spot on - creative - unique and FUN. Love this card - thanks for making us SHINE as always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the sketch Teresa! That star is just perfect and the papers with the twine DOES make an awesome "Male" card! So glad to have you as a guest designer this month! You do amazing work! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OK, where to start with all this fabulosity?!?! WOW! The embossed star is breath-taking atop that gorgeous DP!!!! Love the music sheet and twine! This is A-MAZING!!! What a fabulous take on the sketch!!! So so glad you are joining us this month as guest DT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the star on this. Great use of the sketch! Congrats on the Guest spot this month. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the bits o sheet music and how you made the focal shape that amazing offset star!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*