Monday, January 30, 2012

Mojo Monday Sketch/Mojo226-Soar. Dream. PURGE HOP WINNERS


Good morning, happy mojo Monday to ya!  Be sure to check out the list of Purge Hop winners at the end of my post.  Some of my friends are at CHA so the list is not complete.  I will be updating my list as soon as I know all the winners.  It is time for this weeks Mojo Sketch, I have chosen a circle card for this weeks round or square choice.  The circle cards are so darling, I am also listing instructions for those who may have missed it.  There are several ways you can make your circle card, I like mine to look like a complete circle when I am finished, I use option 1.  I have used SU new designer papers and the new stamps and dies from Verve's last release,  You can check out those here.   I used a doily, bakers twine, and the new SU ruffled ribbon.  I have gotten so many wonderful quotes/sayings from Pinterest.  I have books and books of quotes/sayings from years and years ago; now I have my visual pin board...luv that!  I want to share this quote with you today, it is from this blog.....  "Stand for what is right.  Even if it means standing alone."   Have a great Monday...enjoy!

CR84FNcolors/CR84FN47
Mojo Monday:  sketch/MOJO226 
Simon Says Stamp:  anything goes

Circle Card Instructions
I have been asked how I make my circle cards, so I am going to list quick instructions. I am listing two different options, the first option is so your card is a complete circle.  The second option is not a complete circle but you do not have to clue two piece together.

OPTION 1
-cut card stock using the largest circle or scalloped circle nesting label
-score one of the circles on Scor Pal on the first mark(1/2 inch mark) this will be the back part of the card
-decorate the top circle
-put glue on the part above the scored part of the bottom circle and adhere the decorated circle to the bottom
-be sure to line up as much as possible so that your card when free standing is straight

OPTION2
-run a piece of folded card stock through the cuttlebug with a small part exposed above the nesting label
-this option makes it so you do not have to glue, it is held together by the piece that is not cut.  I hope this helps, if you need anything else please let me know.


Purge Hop Winners thus far.....
Tosh  several winners.....see her post here
Andrea  Deb   Buckminster DebsDesignsNDoodles
Maureen  Luanne   He Golfs
Sony  Irishgalkelly
Laurie  several winners....see her post here
Julee  Chrissie Harvest Moon Paperie
Janelle  Kristen   By The Book Paper
Betty  Toni(ravengirl)   Sweet Peas Story
Jen  Heather Wire Wrapture
Teresa:ME  Sherry Gardner   Life Is Good

18 comments:

  1. Very very pretty!

    Be blessed, BEckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card using the sketch. The doily is a great touch. LOVE the quote - live it all to often :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super PRETTY card, Teresa! LOVE the papers and the butterfly and the twine and the roundness of it all! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a really nice idea to make a circle card! It is so unusual and looks great. Thank you also for the instruction:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. Love your colors and your quote! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sweet! I love the little butterfly. Thanks for playing at CR84FN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a pretty card and thanks so much for your sweet comment on my last blog post x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do like circular cards, so pretty. The doily, ribbon, twine and paper are all just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft feel to this card Teresa! The doily and baker's twine add such a fun and fashionable touch to your creation! Beautifully done as always! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Teresa,

    that circle card is so ADORABLE! I love paper crafts and when I have some spare time I will totally try this. Thanks for sharing :)

    Thank you also for your kind comment on my blog. Much appreciated :)
    best wishes,
    Duni

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! This card is awesome! Love all the added embellishments, very beautiful! Olena

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty Teresa. Love the pretty butterfly, the doily... everything. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very sweet Teresa! I just love that floral paper ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Teresa! Love the elegant butterfly! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Teresa,
    I just received my gift from the purge...I am Amazed at all the treasure you have sent my way....I blogged about you today...I think I was gushing...it is a long post....but I just had to share....

    Thank you sooooo much for your kindness and may the Lord bless you abundantly ...

    Blessings
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*