Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry & Bright



































Good morning, everything is calm and still here....we have had so much snow! Today's card is perfect, a snowman. Rachel as brought to us a traditional red and green plate of cupckaes for today's Cupcake Inspiration Challenge CIC38; you know you gotta luv these colors. I luv green so I wanted the green to really show, I used the green back panel. I paper pieced the snowman with Cosmo Cricket designer paper called Jolly by Golly. I added a few red rhinestones down the front of his belly. The Corduroy Brads down the side are from Zva Creative. The cute circle sentiment is a Basicgrey stamp and it has a green rhinestone in the center. I also used Karen's sketch from last week, SSSC48 and I flipped it. This is also for Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge to incorapte snow, ssnotime118. I hope you can make time to play along with us this week and be sure to check out the other cupcake sweeties creations! You can link your card to Hope Stamps Eternal....you could be one of the top 5 picks for the week! Enjoy.


Carolina - Carolina's Creative Pad
Rachel - Hope Stamps Eternal
Colleen - Glitter Ink
Bonnie - The Lucky Clucker
Natalie - Dougnat Diaries
Jessica - Shamrocks and Seashells
Kelli - Yard Sale Kind of Luck
Elena - The Red Haired Girl -December's Guest Sweetie
.
.
.
Stamps: Verve Snow Wonderful and Basicgrey Circle Sentiment
Paper: SU Garden Green, Real Red, Bazzil French Vanilla, and Cosmo Cricket Jolly by Golly
Ink: Versafine Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Janome, Ribbon, Zva Creative Corduroy Brads, Red and Green Rhinestones, SU Circle Punches, and Glue Dots

18 comments:

  1. Oh, what a gorgeous card! I love how you paper pierced snowman! Those velvet brads give a very nice texture to the card, I just want to touch them! :) Really love your card, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Love those cozy corduroy buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card friend! Love the pics of the snow also!! I hope to get some crafting time in today, as all services at church are cancelled...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! Love the paper pieced snowman...how cute! And love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN!!! Love the paper pieced bits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl! This is adorable! I can't believe you made those corduroy brads work, I am having the hardest time, but you make it look effortless! Love the pieced snowman!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teresa this card is awesome! I love that little snowman!! He is just precious! You did a fabulous job with that sketch!

    I wanted to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours! Your always so inspiring to me and I appreciate when you visit my blog. Have a great Holiday and thanks for all the inspiration!
    :)
    Hugs
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an adorable paper pieced snowman and such an adorable card Teresa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very Cute and Charming. Love the paper piecing on the snowman.
    Stay Warm & Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness the (Word Verification) for my comment above was: Undies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling!! LOVE your pieced snowman!! And those brads fit just perfectly!! What a charming, cozy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not sure which is more delicious, the cupcakes or your card! Love all the textures you brought in, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card too, Teresa!
    The timing of this snowstorm was perfect, wasn't it? You don't have to worry about getting out to work! But all our activities were cancelled for the weekend, so it might not have been that perfect, LOL.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had forgotten about that cute little snowman. He was perfect for those cupcakes! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, hes' super cute and I love the paper piecing.
    Have a lovely Christmas Teresa. Blessings to you and your family.
    Michey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! Love the stitching and the paper pieced snowman!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments, they mean so much to me. Have a wonderful day! Teresa

sparkle & shine *~*